Saturday, January 1, 2011

resolve

i know i'm not the only one who checks myself out on photo booth when the bathroom mirror is otherwise occupied by a toothbrushing boyfriend, i'm just not ashamed to admit it!  voila- the last night of 2010 and the first morning of 2011 (see also: the boots i've lived in the past week).  i have a cold, and rang in the new year cozied up with good friends and one hot toddy (as predicted).
i feel like new year's resolutions are best kept private, maybe because the only person i want to answer to is myself when i kick them to the curb mid-january.  however, this is not just any new year... it's the year i'll turn 30.  oof.   my little body has fared pretty well for the last three decades with minimal health consciousness, but i don't want to push my luck.  i've been vegetarian for over a third of my life which has definitely kept me pretty healthy, but the days of getting my exercise from going out dancing a couple nights a week are over.  i ran in high school (i was a bad ass!), and as of 2011 i'm back at it, which should be a piece of cake with the advent of ipods since the eight-mile runs of my youth.  i also want to bake exclusively from scratch (see ya, funfetti) and become a superior flosser.  there are a hundred other things i want to make happen for myself this year, but these are three you can hold me to.  check back for updates on my health makeover, and hopefully donuts won't show up in any 2011 posts- no matter how cute.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, your boots, your boots, I am in love with them! And your headband!

    I turn thirty this year too - eek. I've been vegetarian for a long time too, but my fitness regime is lacking a bit. I'm not much of a runner, but I am trying to resolve to do some more cycling this year. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...