Friday, July 29, 2011

343

last night my sister stumbled upon this photo gallery in the telegraph, and immediately knew who she had to tell. on wednesday a new world record was set: 343 hot air balloons in the sky! this is the sort of news that makes my heart beat a little faster.  can you imagine being present for something like this?  I'M GONNA.  one day, i'm going to the lorraine mondial air balloon festival in france.  mark my words!  {does everyone in france go to this and stand around yawning?  is it totally not a big deal?  maybe i'm a silly american, as cute as it'd be if a french girl said "one day i'm going to lollapalooza!" but why would she say that?}  anyway, i can't pinpoint where this hot air balloon fanaticism of mine started, but it's evidenced here and here, and by this recent purchase that was made in a moment of passion.  i love them and i've yet to be in one.  of all the cliche ways to be proposed to, this is one i can get down (up?) with.  just sayin'.

8 comments:

  1. once a hot air balloon landed down the street from my house (had to make an unexpected landing and found the largest lawn they could). my dad took me to go see it and it's still one of the most magical memories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go too! Whatever, if they think and boring and we are the only American girls snapping photos like crazy, so be it :) That looks so, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so beautiful! And I've had a hot air balloon land in my backyard too! It seems like they make a lot of impromptu stops.


    BOXMOONBABBLE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are of the same mind...that is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so my grandparent's friend was so rich (and so awesome) he threw himself a hot air balloon birthday party every year. He would invite all his friends, send them into the sky in the balloons, and bring them all back for a meal at the end. TWO YEARS i was invited to this. the first year i remember being amazed that the landscape (at least the midwestern landscape) really looks patchworky like in cartoons. One year we landed in a Christmas Tree farm, the second year in a cow pasture. I will never, ever forget the magic of those rides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are great! For my 21st birthday i went hot air ballooning with my family and friends - that was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...