Friday, August 5, 2011

mary

party girl is my go-to answer when anyone asks, "favorite movie?"  i could watch it a zillion times and never tire of cute 1995 parker posey in her crazy mismatched outfits, raving through a new york city library, and eating falafel after falafel in an effort to woo the fox manning the cart.  i first saw this when i was 14 or 15, and while its message is probably supposed to be 'party girls grow up too!', i took from it the notion that i can wear whatever ugly ensemble i want to as long as i own it.  TRUTH, 14-YEAR-OLDS.

4 comments:

  1. this is actually what i use as an orientation when non-new yorkers come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I feel exactly the same way. I looooooove this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha my best friend made me watch this a long time ago and it ended up being one of the best movie nights ever. So glad someone else has seen and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...