Monday, December 12, 2011

a tradition is born

this is the time of year when i make the biggest messes in the kitchen.  truth be told, as if you haven't already noticed, i only go into the kitchen to bake desserts or pour myself a bowl of kashi.  and though you shouldn't trust a skinny baker, i'm sort of a whiz with an oven!  promise!  a new friend (who happens to be my mom's age) mentioned that she needed to bake, oh, 25 pumpkin rolls like she's done every year for decades.  my world came to an immediate halt and i asked, "WHAT is a pumpkin roll?!"  yadda yadda yadda, all i care about is pumpkin stuff, we know.  so long story short, i spent my saturday learning new friend's tried and true rolling technique, and single-handedly baking nine of these bad boys.  i think i've found my holiday thing.  my future kid(s) should be really pumped.  so delicious.  try it!

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering-I need to make these pumpkin rolls! Thanks for posting the recipe! Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see you in the kitchen yelling "slow your roll!" when people try to sneak bites lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me! I need to get to baking! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...