Monday, July 2, 2012

best small town

last month it was announced that delray beach was voted 'best small town in florida' in rand mcnally & USA today's best of the road contest.  i quite agree.  yesterday marked three months since i moved here, and i'm pretty certain this is my favorite of all the places i've lived.  and i've lived in well over ten cities in my life!  (including honolulu, hawaii, where i spent my preschool years.  a fact i lament more and more as i get older; it was completely lost on me then!)  delray is definitely geared toward vacationers with deep pockets and snowbirds who want to escape new york city winters, but with groupon, and one insane goodwill where said snowbirds empty their closets, i'm feeling pretty at home.  the beach and sunshine are free!

update: delray beach also won 'most fun small town in america'!  all of america!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful town. I hope to visit it someday. That is the largest I ice cream cone I've ever seen! Good for you! :). Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures.

    http://leawiest.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, you're in delray? my husband's uncle has a condo there and we keep talking about trekking down there one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...