Thursday, September 27, 2012

yardbird

yesterday i had the day off, and since mark has the luxury of working from home, we decided to drive to miami for a little lunch date.  (i declared on the way that it was a DATE, because we both showered beforehand, and when you live with someone and eat all your meals with them, you've gotta differentiate where you can, no?)  we'd been wanting to try yardbird southern table & bar for awhile, but the last few times we were in miami for sunday brunch it was impossible to get in; i blame all the best-new-restaurant awards they keep winning.  yesterday was our day.  thanks to the wonders of google, we (ahem, mark) are pretty thorough on our research before going out to eat anywhere new, so we already knew what the place looked like inside, and what to expect from the menu.  that didn't stop me from swooning over the decor the moment we were seated, and judging by the hoards of diners snapping indiscreet photos, i wasn't alone in my swoondom.  after about five minutes i whispered, "this kind of looks like our house!"  mason jar cocktails reminiscent of our very favorite hartwood were adorned with bacon (for the bacon-eaters among us), and the waiter winked "excellent choice," when i added the seared florida shrimp to my farmers salad.  mark had the day's blue plate special- the fried chicken that he'd come for in the first place.   as my salad disappeared i urged mark to "try this corn!" before i inhaled it all.  come to find out, our neighbor lebron james blogged about that very corn just a day prior.  i'm no restaurant critic, so just trust me when i say, everything was freakin' good.  we saw a pie on the counter but decided against dessert, and i'm still kicking myself a day later.  guess we'll just have to go back.  like, tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Just found ur blog thru Nat the fat rat. I love it! This place looks awesome. I'll have to remember it nxt time I make my way out there.
    stacey
    www.hedgehogchronicle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found ur blog thru Nat the fat rat. I love it! This place looks awesome. I'll have to remember it nxt time I make my way out there.
    stacey
    www.hedgehogchronicle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha its totally a date if you both showered beforehand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun time! Great pictures, and I'm glad you got to enjoy a "date" with your man :) So nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...