Sunday, October 21, 2012

saturdate: pumpkins & bratwurst

yesterday was one of those perfect weekend days.  by noon our chore list was complete, and the day was wide open for nothing but fun.  despite the copious photos i've snapped of pumpkins all month, we actually had yet to pick one for carving.  forget the farmers market, the methodist church knows what's up.  we drove over to their sprawling pumpkin patch, where purchases are on an honor system and all proceeds go to charity.  it's completely volunteer run, and a sweet woman offered to take our photo when she saw me wielding my camera around and directing mark to "hold that huge pumpkin and smile!"  a good pumpkin patch, that one.  our next stop was the oktoberfest a town over i'd heard so much about.  mark went a couple years ago and drank from a boot around his neck, and he's regaled crowds with tales of the boot since.  totally the perfect place for a doin-whatever-saturday lunch, some of us feasted on bratwurst (him), others of us cake (me), and both of us on a forever funny giant pretzel to share.  and beer.  we covered our food pyramid in there somewhere.  i might've done the chicken dance, and seriously considered a lederhosen purchase, but i'll never tell!  shoddy carnival rides are pretty much my favorite backdrop in life, so i was happy as could be on this little saturdate with my guy.  we were still hot and sunscreen was a must, as usual, but i'm growing to love october in south florida.  we do things a bit differently down here for autumn, but somehow, still exactly the same.

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect afternoon! And, I love your cardigan SO much. I'm going to the pumpkin patch this week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkins look so much fun! I miss pumpkin patches! :)

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    Gold Chunky Bracelet - Free Shipping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is posting pumpkin patch photos lately and I'm realllllly thinking I need to get my butt out there and do the same!!! :)
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's official! I love your sweater! ;)
    Wish we would live closer! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...