Tuesday, November 6, 2012

i voted!

friday after work we ran over to our public library to get in THE LINE.  i knew the line to early vote here in florida would be a two hour wait, but i didn't anticipate actually seeing the sun set while there.  (a grand total of two hours and forty-five minutes, but who's counting?)  though my excitement waned at about the 1.5 hour mark, i was really inspired by my comrades in election deciding.  no one was complaining, everyone seemed energized and happy to do their civic duty, and kind strangers pulled up with pallets of bottled water to hand out.  the people we were surrounded by made it a really positive experience; it helps that we live in a microcosm of neighbors who were there to vote for my team, i'm sure!  :)  sore feet and hungry belly aside, slapping that sticker on my chest was a proud moment, and i know those of you who weren't able to vote early will do so today and wear your sticker just as proudly.  happy voting day, america!

ps- got an email from my dad last night saying my 100-year-old grand grandmother voted!  love that so much.

3 comments:

  1. So great of your grandmother. WOW. What an inspiration.
    kaylyn @ theweirhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you had to wait in line so long! Some of my friends around here did, too. I was fortunate enough to have only a short wait. I'm so glad for the privilege to participate in the process!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...