Saturday, January 26, 2013

pissed pistons

monday i just felt down.  after confessing my blues to mark that morning, i realized it was in fact blue monday, ha! *cue marissa's favorite band*  i have massive projects going on at work that have kept me crazy busy- which i love- but the moment i walked in our front door each evening this week, i shut down.  the clean laundry stayed unfolded in its basket, etsy orders were not packaged with the usual swift hand, and i couldn't wait to pj up for the night.  nothing serious, no cause for alarm, just a little gray raincloud of a week.  JANUARY.

my guy surprised me with an amazing pick-me-up to put a sweet bookend on a weird week.  last night we went to miami to see the heat pounce the pistons; my first heat game, and what we'll call my baptism into heat fandom.  (i have a long and sordid history with lebron, as i was [and forever shall be] a serious orlando magic fan when he played for cleveland.  don't even get me started on dwight howard's recent move to the lakers.  my whole paradigm crumbled.)  so our seats were killer, the game was so hype, and there's nothing like seeing players in person for the first time after watching them on tv for years.  and perhaps when you woke up this morning you heard about an average joe's $75k half-court shot and subsequent tackle by mr. james?  yes.  i witnessed that.

on my feet, beer in hand, cheering to near-tears, i looked over at mark and said, "i LOVE when people win money!"  happiness in this world, ya'll.

3 comments:

  1. makes me miss living in mn. i used to go to timberwolves games all the time!! looks like you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome! lebron took him DOWN. gave me goosebumps.

    and yay, new order ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! What a day, what a shot to witness!
    I watched the Laker game from my couch today. :)

    xo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...